I can not believe I am old enough to have a kid going into Kindergarten next year. Jaedyn is very excited to go to Kindergarten and was very excited to go see her new school and get her registered.
She is very excited to go inside!
Once inside they do a quick assessment of the kids to see where they are at.
Jaedyn said they asked her to write her name, identify letters out of order, and read some sight words. She knows how to write her name and all her letters, sight words are a work in progress. We know about 20-30 of them, but definitely not all of them. She has come a long ways from the first time we started doing sight words. In the beginning if she didn't know the word, she would say things like,
Oh, thats a pretty word
or
Mom, that has like a line and a circle in it
Frustrating and funny all at the same time.
I hope summer goes by slowly!
No comments:
Post a Comment